Lathlain Park - next steps
• The development of the draft Lathlain Park Management Plan (MP) is progressing well, and has been informed by community workshops, the Community Reference Group and key stakeholders. It’s anticipated that the draft MP will be considered at a Council meeting in October, prior to the public being invited to comment.
Details of the Special Council Meeting are:
Date: Tuesday, 18 October 2016
Place: Council Chambers, Administration Centre 99 Shepperton Road, Victoria Park
• If Council endorses the draft MP to be advertised for public comment, you will have the opportunity to review and provide comment on the draft MP which sets out the higher order principles for the future development and use of Lathlain Park.
• Separate to the Council meeting, a Development Application (DA) for the West Coast Eagles admin, training and community building in Zone 3 is also expected to be submitted in October and will be aligned with the draft MP.
• It’s planned that the draft MP and DA will be out for public comment for 28 days from late-October.
• Once the period for public submissions has ended, it’s anticipated that Council will consider both the MP and DA at a Council meeting to be held in early December, and Council’s recommendations will be forwarded to the WAPC to determine the MP, and the Metro Central JDAP to determine the DA.
For any questions about this process, please email email@example.com or call 9311 8111.